Monday, August 3, 2009

T’s Top 10 Man-Crushes: #10


While I happen to have a man crush on pretty much every ND footBALLER, there is a handful — or two to be exact — that I love (too strong)… want to be (even stronger)… support (that'll do), above all others. This is the first installment of what is surely the most relevant list in the history of the University of Notre Dame’s storied football program.

I have little to no actual playing experience; so, I will spare you any technical analysis. This list simply defines why I, as a life-long ND fan, have an obsession with these particular individuals. There is nothing to debate, nothing may be disputed, this list is utterly perfect… because I said so.

Some of these beautiful relationships are love at first sight, some are developed through tremendous play, perhaps some provide some sort of personal connection, and some are just physical attraction… just kidding. Number 10 is on this list because of the fact he could probably beat the crap out of every other person on the team and every other team for that matter. With the first overall selection of my personal badass draft T selects… Trevor Robinson!!!

Trevor comes from the plains of Nebraska, where the state motto is “Be tough as shit.” That’s right this hoss is corn-fed to kill you dead, big and round he’ll put your ass down. I pretty sure he’s got nicknames for his guns. It’s probably something like Lex and Luther, just a guess. If he doesn’t then someone please notify Mr. Robinson that he has qualified to do so. [NOTE to all readers: I’m not sure how you qualify to be eligible to name you “guns”; however, I’m pretty sure you don’t. Only 7 people in the world, so far, qualify: Trevor, Mr. T, Arnold, Hulk Hogan, Rambo, Rocky, and Judge Dredd] [Second NOTE: Although 3 Sly Stallone characters made the cut, Sly himself did not… yo].

This is the part of the article where I would like to provide some breakdown analysis of why I have this man-crush for Trevor.

1) As previously stated, he can beat you up, as well as the vast majority of Earth.
2) He rocked flowing, curly locks for an entire football season. I like to call this the Brad Pitt factor. Let’s take a mental trip. Remember Troy? Remember Achilles? Remember how you wanted to be him? Remember how you still want to be him? Exactly.
3) As a true sophomore I get to enjoy T-Rob’s ND escapades for 3 more seasons!
4) Besides being big, he is uber nasty. He’d probably punt your dog off of a bridge, just for fun. I don’t even want to think about a cat.
5) He single-handedly converted the name “Trevor” into a culturally acceptable moniker. I know what you are thinking, and No, it was not acceptable prior.

Now that you all have heard the lore of Mr. Robinson, I’m sure you are a little frightened. However, I hope you’ll join me for our next installment of “T’s Top 10 Man-Crushes” when we take a look at #9...


T

No comments:

Post a Comment