Friday, August 21, 2009

T’s Top 10 Man-Crushes: #8


Back by popular demand, I present to you the latest installment of T’s Top 10 Man-Crushes. This next one way relationship is of the "love at first sight" variety, similar to man-crush #9, Manti Te'o (see the Aug. 4, 2009 article).

This supreme athlete plays a position at which the Irish struggled mightily to recruit during the Willingham years. So, when Chuck grabbed a verbal from the top-ranked CB (per Rivals.com he was number 1 at the time of his commitment) I went goo goo eyed for the future lock-down cover man.

Darrin Walls is this knight in shining armour (for all the British readers) of whom I speak. He was the best player at our biggest position of need. Perfect fit!! Suck on that, Match.com. THIS, will be an everlasting love. So, let’s break down the ways of his awesomeness, and as Kenny Powers might say: “Listen here you beautiful bitch, I’m about to drop some knowledge on you.”

1. Darrin was the ONLY bright spot in the infamous 2007 season. When you go 3-9 you really have to whip out a magnifying glass to find a bright spot. However, the play of this true sophomore provided something to smile about. He showed a knack for knocking away pass attempts at the last minute. Plus…

2. He replaced Ambrose Wooden in the starting line-up. He was a nice guy, don’t get me wrong. However, Wooden was the source of much of my football angst; so, I embraced the change. I still think about the 4th and long against USC in ’05… Sorry, I had to take a break. I upset myself.

3. D-Walls has a sweet, innocent baby-face. Don’t act like you don’t know what I’m talking about. You have seen him, and I know you noticed it, too. Looking so pleasant and unassuming, anyone one stop to help if they saw this face on the side of the road. Maybe that is why he is so good. Receivers want him to bat the ball away or pick it off because he just looks so darned nice. Sounds like a science fair project.

4. He rocks the single digit. If you like single digits let me hear say YEAH YEAH. If you read my #9 story, then you know I have an affinity for single digits. I can’t quite explain it, but… YEAH YEAH.

5. He came back!! When Darrin left last year, it would have been easy for him to transfer to another school (Fauria, Yeatman, etc.). I don’t know the reasons behind his departure, and I don’t care. I’m just glad that his is back.

Thank you for keeping up with this revolutionary list, or I guess I should say, “Your Welcome.” Check back next time, when I break-down why I love #7 so much.

T

No comments:

Post a Comment