Thursday, September 24, 2009

Metatarsalphalangeal Joint Sprain


No that's not jibberish. It's the official term for turf toe. By now, if you are like me, you know everything there is to know about this phantom injury that never seems to leave a player alone. Officially (wikipedia official), "turf toe" is an injury to the joint and connective tissue betweenthe foot and one of the toes, notably, the big toe.
First off, Notre Dame Stadium is equipped with grass, so I'm not really understand where the turf part comes in. And secondly, I love Jimmy Clausen, but I don't really need daily updates regarding his big toe. It's comparable to Brett Farve returning to the NFL, Vick practicing again, or Feenz going canoeing in Canada. If I've heard it once, I've heard it a dozen times.


We can throw out the predictions. Our success now depends on JC's big toe. See if that helps you sleep at night.

-DH

No comments:

Post a Comment